To verify your income, you have two options.
Option 1: Provide RTF with a digital copy of Page 1 of your 1040 tax document from tax year
2018 RTF has an easy, secure way for you to provide a copy of your 1040 tax document. All you need is:
- A cell phone with internet access and a camera OR a desktop computer
- Page 1 of your 1040 in hard copy or digital form
- This link to the RTF Income Verification Portal (Note: Dropbox may not work on LS&Co. networked computers)
From a smartphone,
- Pull up your 1040 on your smartphone.
- Take a screenshot of it.
- Click the link to the RTF Income Verification Portal
- Click “Choose Files”
- Click “Photo Library”
- Choose the screenshot of your 1040. Please make sure it’s clear
- Click “Use Photo”
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email address.
- Click “Upload”
- You’re done!
Option 2: Mail the 4506-T form
If you don’t have your 1040 handy, you can fill out a 4506-T form and give RTF permission to get your income information from the IRS.
- Print a 4506-T form from redtabfoundation.org/4506t or ask your manager for a hard copy.
- Fill out the highlighted fields (including those with your spouse, if you file jointly)
- Mail the form to RTF using a return envelope (available at your workplace) or mailing it to Red Tab Foundation, Levi’s Plaza, P.O. Box 7215, San Francisco, CA 94120. 4. Y
- You’re done!
Didn’t file taxes for 2017? Email us at email@example.com for instructions.
Refer to the 2018 Tookit for more information.